In this blog we explore our copper work recently carried out to recreate a striking Brisbane church ceiling vent.
At Glegg Manufacturing, we’ve worked on countless one-of-a-kind sheet metal processing projects over the past three decades.
During that time our team has focused on restoring many of Brisbane’s heritage-listed buildings to their former glory.
Thanks to our extensive industry experience – and bespoke manufacturing processes by hand – our ability to reproduce highly detailed, original profiles for air vents, awnings, and roofs is highly sought after.
We often work with lead, galvanised iron, copper and stainless steel. So, if you’ve got a heritage piece or custom job in mind – contact us on 07 3205 1022 or enquire online here.
Copper Manufacturing: Ceiling Vent for Church
Recently the experienced team at Glegg Manufacturing replicated a copper ceiling vent for a church on Brisbane’s southside.
The old vent was 250mm wide and ran along the full length of the church’s ceiling – a staggering 28 lineal metres.
Recreating beautiful – and intricate – heritage pieces like this original copper vent can take time, but the results speak for themselves.
In that time, we:
- Reverse-engineered the original: Our team thoroughly examined the original ceiling vent, so we could create an identical match.
- Made a dye & tested: We created a dye template that would produce the same shape in the tooling to get the same effect. We tested our cut-out to ensure the pattern matched the original vent.
- Production: Once we were confident the dye was a perfect match, we created a version in copper.
While our team does not carry out any on-site installation of the pieces we create, we do have a number of reliable tradespeople who we work closely with.
Sheet Metal Processing in Brisbane
Here are just a few reasons why you should pick Glegg Manufacturing for your bespoke sheet metal processing.
- We use traditional manufacturing techniques including a lot by hand, similar to how the piece would have been originally created to ensure a perfect finished product.
- Family-owned and operated business. Second generation in the industry.
- Locally based in Strathpine on Brisbane’s northside.
- We have invested in larger and more versatile processing machinery.
- We have worked on the restoration of some of Brisbane’s most iconic heritage-listed buildings – and are known for expertise in this space.
Copper Air Vents
If you’d like to learn more, or enlist Glegg Manufacturing to help with your custom or heritage listed copper air vents, please contact our team today on (07) 3205 1022.
Glegg Manufacturing is a high quality producer of Custom fabrication, General Sheet metal work or Heritage listed matching or fabrication.
Offering friendly service, quality materials, great rates and industry knowledge like no others – we’re a fabrication team that cares about our product who goes above and beyond on every job.
With hundreds of satisfied clients, our expert experience, advice, and quality source materials to get your project produced as effectively and cost efficiently as possible. Call Glegg Manufacturing on 07 3205 1022 or enquire online here.